March 24, 2022
The Okanagan Men’s Shed has been approved for a United Way projects grant in support of an Outreach 2022 project.
Thanks to United Way of the Lower Mainland and the BC Men’s Sheds Association for this support
- The shop area will be open regular hours
- Double Covid vaccinations are required for all members and visitors to enter the shop
- Common sense should prevail.
- Normal social distance and mask protocols should be maintained
- Fresh water, hot and cold, is available. The tap water is not potable so, for your own use and protection. Please leave the sink clean and ready for the next person. Only water and soap into the drain as it is not a sanitary sewer.
- The ‘kitchen area’ and coffee pot are available but bring your own water and beverages, lunches.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- The shop equipment and tools should be treated with sanitizing wipes and/or spray during use and at the end of the day.
- Visitors and clients are welcome, the same guidelines apply.
- Coffee, conversation, cards, crosswords, casual type activity
- Members and guests can catch up and see what is happening
- Masks are mandatory where social distance can not be maintained. There is lots of room to spread out to enjoy cookies, coffee (or tea)
- Courtesy and consideration should help to build this and allow it to continue during the Covid situation.
- The Outreach 2022 project which involves repairs and improvements to our trailer and preparation for community events in the summer season is just getting started.
New projects are likely to come along, especially when the word gets out that we are open again.
Some of the work may be in the shop, as much as possible could be outdoors. Volunteers are welcome, many skills are needed.