The Shed is located in the Helen’s Acres facility at the rear of 2424 Mayer Road.
Unfortunately, the Shed has been closed to normal activities due to the Covid restrictions.
Effective May 10 2021:
We are working on a next phase partial open for the Shed at Helen’s Acres.
- The shop area will be open regular hours to a limited number of members at any time.
- Please limit the people in the shop area to 5 and the lunch room to 3. Outdoor activities will depend on the weather and activities, potentially unlimited numbers. Common sense should prevail.
- Normal social distance and mask protocols should be maintained
- The ‘kitchen area’ and coffee pot will not be in use, bring your own water and beverages, lunches.
- Fresh water, hot and cold, is available, for your own use and protection. Please leave the sink clean and ready for the next person. Only water and soap into the drain as it is not a sanitary sewer.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- The shop equipment and tools should be treated with sanitizing wipes and/or spray during use and at the end of the day.
- Visitors and clients are welcome, the same guidelines apply.
- Coffee, conversation, cards, crosswords, casual type activity
- Members and guests can catch up and see what is happening
- Masks are mandatory where social distance can not be maintained. There is lots of room to spread out to enjoy cookies, coffee (or tea)
- Courtesy and consideration should help to build this and allow it to continue during the Covid situation.
The Shed / shop is normally open Tuesdays through Saturdays between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Drop in, chat with the guys who are there, have a coffee if you like and see if the Men’s Shed meets your expectations. If you are comfortable with this, membership applications are available.
Regular member ‘business’ meetings are held on the second Thursday each month. Visitors are welcome.
Membership fees are currently $20.00 per year, end
Community events and special occasions to be scheduled as information is available.