Update March 27 2021:
The Covid situation has made it necessary to lock down and close the Shed to all. There are serious issues which make extra care essential.
The situation will be reviewed at the April meetings.
We will continue the Zoom sessions on Tuesday and Thursday mornings except when regular meetings are planned. watch for emails with the link info.
In the meantime, take care and stay healthy.
November 20, 2020
Due to the latest Covid regulations, the Shed at Mayer Rd will be closed until further notice.
As the Covid limits are going to be in place for an unknown time, we have set up Virtual Shed sessions using Zoom video meetings. A chance to chat with other shed members. If you are interested in joining these informal chat sessions on Tuesday or Thursday at 11:00 AM (PDT), please send an email from the contacts page and we will send you the connection link.
August 1 2020
We are working on a next phase partial open.
- Normal social distance and mask protocols should be maintained.
- The shop area will be open regular hours to a limited number of members at any time.
- Please limit the people in the shop area to 5 and the lunch room to 3.
- The ‘kitchen area’ and coffee pot will not be in use, bring your own water and beverages, lunches.
- A hand wash station is available, please use it regularly for your own protection and leave it clean and ready for the next person.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- The shop equipment and tools should be treated with sanitizing wipes and/or spray during use and at the end of the day.
- Visitors and clients are welcome, the same guidelines apply.
October 30 update:
We are trying to open more with Tuesday morning drop in casual coffee and chat sessions. The numbers and shop activities are being relaxed for this social time
- Coffee, conversation, cards, crosswords, casual with limited shop type activity
- Members and guests can catch up and see what is happening
- Masks are mandatory where social distance can not be maintained. There is lots of room to spread out to enjoy cookies, coffee (or tea)
- Courtesy and consideration should help to build this and allow it to continue during the covid situation.